Oh, February: so sad to see you go.. Or are we? Anyway, here’s our list of 8 things to do in Toronto from Friday, Feb. 27 to Sunday, March 1.
Several of these events are occurring over multiple days. Use the links provided to find out more details including times, cost and locator maps.
1. At the Toronto Zoo, Saturday is the SECOND ANNUAL MOVE YOUR PAWS FOR THE CAUSE. Runners, walkers, fitness folk of all ages and abilities. All part of POLAR BEAR FEST, which takes place at the zoo Saturday and Sunday.
2. Friday and Saturday on the Concourse level of the North York Central Library, BOOK ENDS CONTINUES ITS HALF PRICE SALE. Get some books for a great price and support a great cause too!
3. Saturday and Sunday at Harbourfront Cetnre, ring in the Year of the Sheep at LUNARFEST. Lantern installations, unique performances, treats crafts games and more.
4. On Friday and Saturday, also at Harbourfront, the Art of Time Ensemble presents MAGIC AND LOSS: A TRIBUTE TO LOU REED.
5. Friday is opening night of THIS IS FOR YOU ANNA AT HART HOUSE THEATRE. First of seven performances running until March 7.
6. From Friday to Sunday, it’s the SCARBOROUGH HERITAGE SHOWCASE at the Sears Court of the Scarborough Town Centre. Thousands of photos of Scarborough’s heritage on display. Friday to Sunday.
7. Sunday kicks off the YMCA MEGATHON at Toronto’s four YMCAs: Toronto Central, North York, West End, and Scarborough. Running for seven days from March 1 to 7. Check with your specific Y for specific events.
8. In sports, it’s a fairly quiet home weekend, but the TORONTO RAPTORS ARE HOSTING THE GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS Friday evening.