TORONTO – A one-month-old girl is in a Toronto hospital with severe burns suffered in a fire apparently started by a sibling playing with a lighter.
Officials say the blaze appears to have been started when an eight-year-old allegedly playing with a lighter accidentally ignited laundry in an upstairs bedroom.
Fire officials say they were called to the northwest Toronto home late Wednesday afternoon and found the infant badly burned to the face and arms.
Paramedics took the child to hospital in serious condition.
Their grandmother was in a different room at the time of the incident. (CFRB, 680News)
By The Canadian Press